15 October 2008

Two Days Together


Little Gong Gong (AKA Pierce) is much a baby and much a toddler. I was surprised to learn he was still on a bottle, so I'm now nursing him with formula, but he also loves eating fried rice noodles with a fork!

Today has been a tough day emotionally, to be honest. He is really grieving the loss of his foster family and cries a lot. It is so hard to watch. Intellectually, I know I am doing what is best for him, but when I see him cry for them, I feel like I have robbed him of those he loves the most. He wants me to hold him, but pushes me away. My heart aches for him, but I know we will get through this.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi Jill,

We are praying for you guys. My heart breaks for that cute little fellow. He has a great Mommy who is doing an awesome job and he has a wonderful family waiting on him. I know it has to be mentally exhausting on you but you know God is going to carry you through until you get home. Heck, He's going to carry you through always.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Leslie

Sharon said...

Jill,
I am so happy for you and your family! Gong Gong is just precious! I feel like I am right there with you in Guangxi. I have walked the halls of the Welfare Lottery Hotel in Nanning two times to meet our sweet daughters. I could see that blue crib in your room and it brought back so many emotions of walking in and seeing one just like it in our hotel room back in 2005 when we brought Brinley home and then again last year when we brought Bailey home. Congratulations again!

Hugs,
Sharon

Julia's mom said...

Jill,
It is so exciting to read about and see pictures of your journey! Can't wait for you both to be back so we can meet your son!
Laurie

Learn Chinese!

Love these songs...