We're here in Guangzhou at last and another step closer to home. Gong Gong had his medical check today--no surprises. Wednesday we go to the American Consulate for the visa and Thursday we come home. Here's the cool part--I gain 12 hours going east (I may not feel that excited about it on the plane, however). I want to thank everybody for their prayers. This has been one incredible journey for me and I don't think I could have done it on my own. I am so thankful my Heavenly Father has taken care of my every need. He is faithful!
With each passing day, Gong Gong's little personality is emerging more and more. He is one fun-loving little fellow! He seems to be greiving less and less and loving life more and more! I have found out that the name Gong means "gentle" and a little gentleman he is. When they weighed him during his medical check he was up to 20 pounds! I am absolutely amazed! He weighed 18 pounds the day I got him. I was talking to some others, wondering if it could be some kind of mistake and I am assured this is really possible--2 pounds gained in one week!
We are staying at the White Swan Hotel--a very upscale hotel and a bit too pricey for my tastes, but this is where GWCA insists we stay as a group. Its about $7.00 an hour for internet access, so I am doing without and sitting in Starbucks and drinking a latte (gotta have priorities, right?) as I use their free wireless to post. I don't know if I will be able to post again before I go home. In Nanning, I could do it from my hotel room while Gong Gong slept. That system no longer works, and since I am IT, guess who has to sit and watch me--not the most exciting activity for him, though he is entertaining himself quite well at the moment!
Guangzhou is something of a shoppers delight for adoptive families and there are many who are willing to relieve us of our $$. Actually, there are some good deals (but not as good as they used to be), so I get do do a little Christmas shopping!
Two more days!!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment