We've actually been home 2 weeks now--what an adjustment!!! Little did I realize that this would be my biggest challenge. Gong Gong is all over the place! At least we're over the jet lag! Bit by bit, we are getting the house in order and safe (I'm slowly learning how to manage the home and chase after a two year old at the same time). Big Sister is learning a thing or two about some of the less pleasant things that two year olds do (she's been pinched and scratched a few times) and is learning to be a gracious sibling (bless her heart!). I'm quite sure this is not what she bargained for! Just when we feel a little frustrated, he'll flash that winning smile or throw himself around our legs and melt our hearts once again! He has been so good in all his doctor's appointments. So brave. I know he didn't like the blood draws or x-rays, but was amazingly good for a guy his age.
We went to the zoo after picking Big Sister up at school yesterday and he seemed to really enjoy it. He lets me know when he wants in the stroller and when he needs me to pick him up for a better look. He definitely communicates and is attempting to sign with me, but still does not attempt words. We get a lot of pointing and whining. Today was a beautiful fall day and we went to the park for the morning (see the pics!).





1 comment:
Hi Jill...saw your post on LCC and just wanted to say...you will regain your energy and stamina with time! We brought home a two year old (in July 2006) and I was "thrown for a loop" for quite awhile! Busy little guy and with other kids and work I too, felt I had NOT a MOMENT to do anything! I will pray for you!!
Your kids are absolutely ADORABLE!!!!
Post a Comment