02 November 2008

Getting Settled In



























































Can't believe its been a week since I posted. I was breathing a big sigh of relief just getting home, not realizing the "fun" was just about to begin! I've gotten through jet lag many a time in my life, but I forgot how challenging it could be with a little one. Long story short, I've just started sleeping at night, as Gong Gong finally "gets it". There's no explaining to a two year old how night can be day and day be night. On top of that, we don't have a crib assembled, so we had a lot of screaming and banging on the door, with Mama returning to lay on his floor, hoping sleep might come. I've drifted through the days in a sleep-deprived fog and only now am starting to feel like a human with some capacity for productivity.


At some point I actually realized it was a holiday week (we don't really celebrate "Halloween" in our family, but went to a couple fun church costume parties). I managed to get Gong Gong a cute little pumpkin costume.




We've begun a series of doctor's appointments, complete with the dreaded blood draws. The first had me in tears when the first stick didn't work and they had to try again. Poor little Gong Gong has done well, considering.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Welcome home Jill!!

I've been following your blog and praying for you guys. I know you are so happy to be home. I know what you mean about the jet lag. It didn't bother as much back in 2003 when we brought Gracie home but it was horrible in May. It took several weeks to feel normal again. Might have something to do with bringing home a toddler but maybe mostly because I'm older :)

Take care and can't wait to meet Gong Gong.

Learn Chinese!

Love these songs...